Call 020 8806 6048

Translate Website

School News

Year 5 had a wonderful trip to the Tower of London!

This half term we have been learning about the Tudors.  During our trip we had a fantastic workshop where we got to explore Tudor clothing and arrange one another in order of hierarchy and importance.  Many of our students were full of questions and didn’t shy away from asking them whenever they got the chance.  Carmen approached a few of the employees to clarify some of her ideas.  Her recount is below:

The Tower of London was a spectacular experience.  When I chatted with one of the Beefeaters (one of the Tower guards) he told me that there is an entire community of Beefeaters and their families who all live in the Tudor like houses.

I asked one of the people who worked at the Tower questions and they gave me a bunch of information about the mysterious dragon sculpture that we saw in the White Tower and what it represented.  The eyes were made of telescopes which symbolised the first royal observant.  The coins in the dragon’s belly symbolised how the crown jewels were kept at the Tower and all of the other possessions as well.  It was such a wonderful day and we even had the best weather ever! – Carmen