On behalf of our staff, governors and pupils, we welcome you to our schools website.
Simon Marks Jewish Primary School is always looking for and welcomes new members into our school community from both Jewish and non-Jewish families. We have a diverse and multicultural community. We were cited in the Guardian as ‘It’s fun- everyone is different: the Jewish school that unites all faiths’ Feb 2020. We see ourselves as one big family.
Simon Marks Jewish Primary School is a vibrant one form entry primary school, where children are enthusiastic and motivated to achieve endless possibilities. The children are at the heart of every decision we make to ensure that they are happy and confident. Pupil voice is very strong at Simon Marks. We are committed to provide the very best education for all of our pupils. Our results and standards are excellent and our children leave ready and prepared for the next stage of their education.
Through our engaging curriculum, we ensure that children can foster a passion for learning and curiosity that will help to develop high aspirations and a lifetime of memories. We believe in ensuring that children receive a well-rounded curriculum, where individual talents can be spotted and nurtured to ensure that all children experience success and reach their full potential. Happy children are happy learners and want to develop their knowledge and understanding of the world.
We remain open through the pandemic, however keeping our children safe and well remains a priority. We have put additional safety measures in place in and around the building. Here is a quick summary of what is different:
– The building has regular ‘deep cleans’
– All staff sanitise their hands upon entry into the building
– All pupils wash hands for 20 seconds as they come into school
– Parents need to wear face masks upon entry into the playground (no visors)
– Pupils will be bought to the gate for parent who are exempt from wearing masks
– Parents are not permitted into the school building without a prior appointment or invitation from staff
– The playground has been ‘zoned’ so classes have their own entry and exit points
– Lunch times are staggered to minimise risk of contamination
– Pupils (where possible) are in their own class ‘bubbles’
– Assemblies take place with pupils seated in their class bubbles
We aim to keep our regular daily routines and the curriculum will continue as always. We have limited the number of outside agencies coming into the school and all agencies that do come in have had their own risk assessments undertaken and are aware of school precautions.
We are confident that all our pupils will continue to do well and narrow any gaps that may have arisen as a result of not being in school.
Ms Gulcan Metin Asdoyuran
We had fun in the snow this morning, building snow sculptures…Read Article
For Purim, the staff at Simon Marks performed ‘Ahashverosh and the Chocolate Hamantashen Factory’ in order to raise funds for a new stage.https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLxtRmf7KaZkoHeOV4Zm6PjjmMDhaY0gx…Read Article
This year for Purim, we are aiming to raise funds for the children at Simon Marks School, for a new stage for their performances. To help to raise funds the…Read Article
Simon Marks welcomed the Chief Rabbi via zoom last week. He shared a story with us and answered questions prepared by pupils. To view the Chief Rabbi's visit, please…Read Article