Simon Marks Jewish Primary School has developed several close relationships from across the community. This includes hosting Hackney Synagogue, choir performances, visits to local synagogues, visits from Jewish and non-Jewish organisations.
The school has a long standing relationship with Hackney Town hall, with the school choir performing at both the community Chanukkah lighting service and at the Hackney’s Holocaust Memorial Day commemorations. .
Simon Marks Jewish Primary School has a wide variety of links with the local, and wider, communities. Examples of some of these links include:
· Working with The Olive School
· Facilitating structured connections with other faith communities;
· Local councillors invited to speak to the school and school council during National Democracy Week;
· Playing football matches against other local schools;
· Taking part in the local commemorations for Holocaust Memorial Day;
· School council representatives explaining Judaism to other local school children.
· Taking part in the Etgar challenge
· Educational visits by Streetwise
· Chaggim workshops by Seed and Tribe.
· Working with different partners for Mitzvah Day