The government continues providing additional PE & Sport funding to continue improving provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Simon Marks Jewish Primary School is committed to ensuring our children understand the importance of being active, having a healthy lifestyle and enjoy sports and games activities. Here are some of the things we spent our allocation on.
- In 2019 we were awarded Health Schools Gold Award, a recognition from the Mayor’s office that we were taking our healthy approach to life seriously and ensuring our pupils were taking park in many sports activities and healthier lifestyles.
- Specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with our teachers when teaching PE
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Teaching resources to help teachers to teach PE and sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs
- Providing pupils with opportunities to take part in a wider variety of sports and outdoor activities which would not usually form part of a primary curriculum.
The following costs are not exact but a near estimate at the time of calculations.
|Use of funding (Please see attached breakdown of Expenditure)||Total amount of funding allocated to Sept 18-Mar 19||Total amount of funding allocated to Apr 19-Aug 19|
|Training for our PE and Healthy Schools leader||£2,600||£1,300|
|Hire qualified sports coaches to work with Teachers||£673||£405|
|Teaching Resources to help teachers to teach PE and sport||£730||£627|
|Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport @£240 per day||£1,440||£1,200|
|Providing Cover for PE lead to train support staff @ £240 per day||£720||£480|
|Providing subsidised places for pupils on after school sports clubs||£400||£260|
|Providing a range of coaches and activities during our Keeping Healthy Week.||£1,300||£900|
|Hiring of external facilities for sports activities including sports day||£1250||£600|
|Booking additional sports linked activities for pupils, including orienteering and kayaking||£1400||£700|
|Purchasing additional resources for in school enhancement activities including skipathon||£300||£200|
|Overall Total Grant expenditure||£17,485|